Sunday May 9th at 4-5.45pm
Do you cook a lot with SUMAC & ZA’ATAR? or have you never heard of them? Or maybe you’ve bought a jar of sumac or za’atar that is now sitting in the cupboard?
Well….our next Cook-a-Long, on Sunday 16th May from 11-12.45 ish (note different time) will be 5 delicious recipes using Za’atar & Sumac.
For those who don’t know, Sumac and Za’atar are Middle Eastern herbs/spices that taste fabulous. Sumac is a tangy spice with a sour lemony flavour. Za’atar is a delicious herb mix made from sesame seeds, sumac, oregano. thyme, cumin & coriander
You can choose to make all 5 dishes and you’ll have both lunch and dinner sorted (plus maybe Monday’s lunch & dinner too) or leave one out and just watch me for that recipe.
Each dish will be for 2, 3 or 4 people so nothing needs to go to waste and you can reduce quantities too if that helps.
We will be making: –
1) Sumac & Pomegranate Chicken – This is soooo good. It’s sweet and tart roast chicken served with a rich onion sauce sprinkled with fresh herbs, pine nuts & pomegranate seeds. It looks fabulously colourful too. If you are vegetarian – substitute the chicken for cauliflower steaks
2) Za’atar Chick Pea Salad – super quick to make – great for veggies – its herby, sharp, creamy and delicious
3) Za’atar Plaice – Another really quick dish – A great way to add flavour to your fish
4) Sumac Tabbouleh – Tabbouleh with a hint of citrus
5) Sumac & Pitta Chips on Fattoush Salad – The pitta chips don’t last long in this house. Great as a snack, replacement for crisps and perfect on top of a Fattoush Salad
If you’d like to join us, do sign up.
Just transfer £15.00 to paypal.me/qhfm and I’ll email you the list of ingredients and utensils that you need and the zoom link
Hope to ‘see you’ there,